The coronavirus outbreak is affecting all different parts of our lives.
Our friends at the Greater Manchester Law Centre have put together this excellent survival guide covering:
- your home (Who is now protected from eviction and What happens if landlords try to evict unlawfully?)
- your rent payments (What should I do if I can’t afford my rent? Where can I get extra help with my rent?)
- your job (What does it mean if I am designated a ‘furloughed worker’?What if I have already been made redundant? Can my employer sack me while I’m on furlough?
- your income (What happens if I need to self-isolate? What happens if I work on a zero hours/flexible contract? What happens if I am self-employed?)
- and yourself (Can I get help in an emergency from the Council? I’m worried about my debts)
And the Greater Manchester Law Centre website will keep advice updated.