I have always advocated against the injustices the Palestinian people have faced. This conflict must be resolved through meaning dialogue with support of the international community. To end the ongoing violence, Palestine must firstly be recognised as a nation-state to end the pain and sorrow to the people of both Palestine and Israel.
I have made these calls throughout my career. Below you can view my contributions made in UK Parliament and European Parliament
2023: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Intervention on the Al-Ahli Arab hospital explosion
- Intervention to the Prime Minister on the rise of hatred and Islamophobia due to rhetoric around the violence
- Website statement on the violence in Palestine and Israel
- Met with the Jewish-Arab movement ‘Standing Together’ and ‘Yachad’ – A British Jewish organisation focused on empowering British Jews political resolutions on the Israeli Palestinian conflict
2022: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Called for better support in providing urgent aid in the Gaza following illegal and irresponsible Air raids from Israel.
- Website statement on the the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh
- Spoken contribution in Parliament on the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh in text or video.
- Website post and Tweet on my statement in the debate for the UK Government to recognise the State of Palestine.
2021: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Tweet for seeking a two-state solution and lasting peace in Palestine
- APPG Palestine meeting
- Interviewed on Islam Channel to discuss the Webinar on Palestinian human rights and equality
- Hosted a Palestine Webinar
- Statement on concerns over the newly elected Israeli PM history of inflammatory statements:
- Debate on Palestine, highlighting the need for a recognised Palestinian state.
- Joined the Palestine Solidarity Campaign Parliamentary briefing
- Supported Keir Starmer’s comments on wanting a two-state solution
- Spoke on the need to keep international aid during a global crisis happening in Palestine
- Joined the Free Palestine rally where fundraisers cycled from Bradford to Manchester
- Advocated for better discourse on the Israel-Palestine conflict
- Called for the UN human rights council to establish an independent commission of inquiry and the UK need to support it to vote.
- Urgent Question statement on the illegal occupation and annexation of Gaza.
- Addressing the similarities between Kashmir and Palestine conflicts
- Raised the issue of Muslim and Jewish communities facing the rise in hate crime due to conflict in the Middle East
- Showing my support with the Palestinian people after the Sheikh Jarrah attacks at a Manchester rally
- Supporting the peaceful rally and protest in Manchester
- Supporting Palestine Land Day
- Debate on Recognising the State of Palestine
- Intervention on the need to continue aid (ODA) in Palestine
- Intervention on the importance of Palestinians having equal access to the Covid-19 vaccination
2020: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Showing support for Palestinians on International Human Rights Day
- Joined the Palestinian Ambassador for a constituents virtual lobby
- Attended a briefing on Palestine and the challenges faced
- Intervention on Israel contempt for international law and sanctions
- Statement on Donald Trump’s dangerous plan for Israel and Palestine
2019: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Supported Palestinian children on World Children’s Day
- Questioned the Minister on the urgent need of peace in Gaza during the UNHRC Inquiry
- Tweet on UN report finding Israeli forces acting unlawfully on killing 189 Palestinians
- Called for the Government to vote to investigate Israeli actions in Gaza.
2018: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Raised the need of immediate humanitarian assistance to Gazans
- Met with constituents campaigning against the human rights violations in Palestine
- Spoke in the Commons on the need of urgent medical assistance
- Urging the Government to reconsider the approach used to the ongoing violence
2017: Israel Palestine conflict contributions:
- Questioning the Foreign Secretary on his discussions with Israel and Palestine following the movement of the US Embassy to Jerusalem
- Met with Chair of PSC to discuss human rights concerns in Palestine
- Met with activists cycling to raise awareness for Palestine and Gaza
European Parliament contributions:
- Debate on the situation in the west bank, in particular settlements.
- Debate on the situation in the west bank.
- Debate on Middle East Peace Process
- Debate on West bank displacement and demolitions
- Debate on situation in Israel and Palestine
- Debate on the EU’s role in the Middle East peace process
- Debate on Israel-Palestine after the Gaza war and the role of the EU
- Debate on the escalation of Violence between Israel and Palestine