I was delighted to join the Lord Mayor of Manchester for the (socially distant) opening of the new bridge carrying the Fallowfield Loop across Hyde Road. The Loop runs the full length my constituency, connecting Chorlton to Gorton via Fallowfield and Levenshulme, and the new bridge will make it easier and safer for cyclists and pedestrians to travel across the constituency.
The Council are currently seeking your thoughts and opinions on how they can improve this much loved route for pedestrians and people on bikes of all ages and abilities.
The aims of the consultation are:
- Make the route safer and reduce anti-social behaviour
- Reduce/clear overgrown vegetation
- Having a route that is more open and better connected to surrounding neighbourhoods
- Strengthen the habitat and landscape to create a more open and less intimidating environment for users
- Upgrading access points to make entry and exit points clearer
- Transforming and enhancing open areas to provide more inviting places for people to relax, play, and include seating areas along the route
- Street lighting to allow users to travel throughout the year, particularly in the winter months
You can have your say by filling out the public consultation.